Tuesday, February 24, 2015

fash-un












It occurred to me that since I was predominantly writing a fashion and person style blog that this should be reflected in my art journal. So I've relied more on my old copies of Vogue and other fashion rags than my books on nature, landscapes and art history. For my next entries I'd like to find a good balance between the two but I've also enjoyed creating these pages unified by a certain colour or aesthetic. I'm also finding it easier to experiment with shape and composition the more and more I create. There's a definite shift in what my earlier journal pages used to look like when I first started compared to what they look like today but each period is a reflection of that moment in time. In a few months time I'm sure my priorities will mean I have less time for blogging and my aesthetic and tastes will change yet again. For now I don't really want to think about any of that stuff and simply want to enjoy the creative process and being able to capture a moment or feeling without words.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these <3 they're inspiring
    I'm so tempted to make a couple of mood boards for myself now (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 0mg yes you totally should and I encourage anyone who feels inspired to make some too!

      Delete
  2. I have an art journal too! It's not nearly as awesome but I love collaging in it (I'm also in love with the David Bowie one you did!)
    xx http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really good layouts in these! Wish I had the time/patience/willpower to journal it looks so cool and satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! as soon as I'm on holidays all I do is make journal pages it's so relaxing haha

      Delete
  4. I should make more moodboards! I love doing it... I spend too much time before my computer that's for sure.Thanks for reminding me of that ;)
    xo Charlotte - aliceroxy

    ReplyDelete