Monday, February 2, 2015

Don't Rain On My Parade

Wearing: Vintage coat, Dangerfield floral dress, American Apparel shirt and thrifted heels.

This morning I scraped my heel on my bed frame and almost immediately tore my thumb nail causing bleeding under the nail. Then I had the audacity to ask "what else could go wrong?" so of course it started to rain once I got outside. Despite everything that could have gone wrong going wrong I managed to stay upbeat and quickly snapped my outfit before retreating inside. I know I can't be the only fashion blogger to be struck by a series of misfortunes. But in a world where we are constantly bombarded with perfectly air-brushed images we seldom here about the mishaps of the fashion industry. Through outlets such as Instagram we are able to present an ideal representation of ourselves and manipulate how we are perceived. I can't remember the last time I heard about a a bad day without it evolving into an incoherent twitter rant and full-on tirade. I want to demolish the notion of perfection and embrace the realism of bad days including dog poo, shaving cuts and asymmetrical eyeliner.

8 comments:

  1. That last line was awesome and sweet dress xoxo :)

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is beautiful, the dress is so lovely !! And your words are very true. I don't believe in perfection, it's a silly concept. Bad times are simply a part of our lives, contrasting the good, sunny ones xx

    //Ania, nurinek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bad times are just as important as the good ones if not more- they are a test of our character and morality

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit!

    I feel the saaaame way about a lot of fashion bloggers (and the internet in general). I think it would be really fun to do a series with a few bloggers about what they wear on a lazy day. Because there is no way everyone puts make up on and sports heels everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes, they should exist as a series of selfies from laptops featuring our favourite snacks eg. open jaws of nutella and stuff <3

      Delete
  4. Hi, Adele! I really love you blog. And I'm always amazed by your looks, it's a huge inspiration for me. I'm from Argentina, I'm a shoe designer and I would love to send you one of my designs! Here's my fanpage and I you're interested you can e mail me at: atilinzapatos@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/AtilinZapatosArtesanales

    ReplyDelete