Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hopeless Romantic

Wearing: Romance Was Born top, Asos skirt, Dr Martens shoes, American Apparel socks and thrifted necklaces.

By now many of you will have realised I am a massive Romance Was Born fan, I have several pieces of theirs in my wardrobe and they are among the most exciting designers to show at Fashion Week within Australia. Now you may have also noticed that during Summer there is a certain expectation to wear more scantily-clad outfits or at the very least a necessity for more practical clothing. Most girls embrace this as a time to wear cute crop tops with matching mini skirts in the same print but as cliche as it sounds I am just not that kind of girl... like many women my age I have insecurities about the way my body looks and Summer exacerbates this kind of anxiety. So naturally I was ecstatic when I got my grubby hands on this top representing the solution to all my problems made by my favourite designers. It's a wool and silk blend, emblazoned with the pattern from the Pip & Pop collaboration and fully lined. OK, I admit one garment can't solve all my problems for an entire season but wearing it has given my confidence a much needed boost!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Adele. You look so gorgeous in these colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is wonderful! The colors look so well together and the necklaces are so cute !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I love the matching colours of the top and beaded necklaces too :)

      Delete
  3. cute love those frilly socks with those shoes

    ReplyDelete