Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Party Girl

 
Wearing: Meadham Kirchhoff X Topshop dress, vintage petticoat, DIY crown, Nicholas Kirkwood X Meadham Kirchhoff platform shoes.

Just when you thought the silly season had come to an end New Year's Eve rears its ugly head, and I say that as a pessimist and in protest of New Year's resolutions. Ringing in the New Year has never really appealed to me because I've never been invited to any awesome parties or had the opportunity to dress for the occasion. This year isn't any different but my mentality has changed entirely in that I no longer feel overdressed but am content to dress as a means of self-expression. I want the outside to reflect how I feel on the inside so a vibrant and colourful start to 2015 almost felt essential. I really wanted to wear a tacky party hat with this outfit but not only did I not have one on standby in my house I didn't have the right materials to make one either. So instead I'm wearing this DIY crown I made yonks ago but it doesn't feel the same. Someone should make me a party hat so this terrible tragedy doesn't ever happen OK?

Invaluable, are an o
nline marketplace for rings and watches, antiques and collectibles who also ran a style campaign which I was apart of. The challenge was to create the ultimate party outfit inspired by one of their rings. Of course half the fun was scanning through their online catalog to find the perfect ring and source of inspiration for my outfit and I was not disappointed with their selection and wide variety of ring styles and price ranges. In the end I settled on a sparkly pink tourmaline, surrounded by diamonds in white gold. This outfit was also inspired in part by Molly Goddard's most recent collection but I think it is suitably party themed and I'm ready to ring in the New Year. See you all in 2015!

*This is a style challenge post

10 comments:

  1. i fell in love with your shoes and the ring really fits the whole outfit.
    the molly goddard collection is just amazing. tulle over tulle over tulle. just what i like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like the connections between my outfit, the ring and Molly Goddard :)

      Delete
  2. i LOVE this outfit and it's even more interesting when you consider its connection to the (beautiful) ring. i totally get what you're saying about feeling an urge to wear a tacky party hat or those 2015 glasses to fit the occasion.

    // kani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh yes or 2015 novelty glasses (but they're harder to find unless you live in NY)

      Delete
  3. Your outfit is so beautiful and those shoes are perfection!I love your writing style and I hope you have an amazing new year! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for so many lovely compliments Elizabeth <3

      Delete
  4. This outfit is really inspiring and makes me want to wear more unique clothes! I'm obsessed with the crown and meadham Kirchhoff shoes! 💕

    melissaknottstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally wear more unique clothes if that's what makes you feel comfortable and you feel good doing it <3

      Delete
  5. Very cute :)
    I love the bow in your hair most!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is so so good! I love it so much! The shoes are gorgeous, pom-poms are the best xx

    nurinek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete