Thursday, December 4, 2014

Disney Princess









Wearing: Thrifted blouse, Soot the Label pants, Anna Davern earrings, beaded choker and Meadham Kirchhoff X Nicholas Kirkwood shoes.

I'm super in love with this new blouse I found when thrift shopping last week and I couldn't resist creating an outfit inspired by childhood nostalgia and Disney princesses. My boyfriend was a bit speechless that I would wear such a fussy outfit to go shopping with him but I loved putting this outfit together. To me it represents an adult (and not subverted) interpretation a little girls princess costume. But it's important that I make the distinction that the clothes I wear are not part of a costume or a phase that I will be over in a years time. I've been writing my blog for about three years now and while I am very embarrassed about the clothes or outfits that I used to wear I have a strange sense of accomplishment.
I will undoubtedly be embarrassed by this outfit in the future BUT today it was sunny and I got to wear my absolute favourite pair of shoes with chunky jewellery. 

16 comments:

  1. It's like a Disney Princess, but in 21th century. I love this interpretation! And the clothes you present are far from ordinary, it's rare these days!

    I started my blog this year, but I can assure you I'll be embarassed about my outfits in a few years, too. I know this because I remember what I used to wear in high school and I wouldn't put on many of those items now. But that's not the point. I think we inevitably change over time, and so do our tastes. If you feel amazing wearing the outfit today, it's all that counts! :)

    http://stylestandpoint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should be more wary of being stagnant- of not growing or progressing whether it be personal style or our career goals.
      So yeah I would agree, change is inevitable and I'm glad you like the angle of this outfit :)

      Delete
  2. The title to this post is so spot on!
    You look super cool

    ROSALINDIS// http://rosalindis.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stun shoes!

    Visoo
    www.madeinvisoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide what I like most---the shimmery pants or those dramatic sleeves. You really hit the thrift jackpot with this blouse. I know how you feel about dressing as part of a phase: while I can say that my style has evolved over the past few years, I can say with confidence I will still be into bold colors and snake-themed items in the future, so please don't judge me for buying them now!

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh yas girl! while I acknowledge there is an element of dressing up in this outfit, certain elements eg. the shoes for example will be in my wardrobe forever <3

      Delete
  5. You are so blessed to have those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like fat-bottomed cherubs delivered them to me from fluffy pink clouds <3 but in reality, I bought them from Eleanor Hardwick (close enough)

      Delete
  6. futuristic cupcake tea cosy fluff princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that should totally be a character on adventure time

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. this is why I love thrift shopping more than malls

      Delete
  8. I feel you, there are also times when I feel embarrassed about the outfits I wear but like what you said, there's a sense of accomplishment. It's like being able to do something to challenge ourselves.

    Anyway I'm from the Philippines and your top reminds me of our national costume - Baro't Saya or Filipiniana. It looks cool how you were able to mix and match everything. :D

    http://www.themarshann.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. super creative outfit-love it!!
    xx www.russiandressing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete