Sunday, December 21, 2014

Captain's Log










These journal pages document my last semester of university, as well as the time spent awaiting my results. Since finishing my last exam I've had more time to myself which has largely been spent blogging but I've also invested time watching movies. The first three pages in my journal are the result of watching Howl's Moving Castle (2004) directed by Hayao Miyazaki and are by far my favourites. The more I make collages, the less structured they become. Slowly everything is becoming more fluid and less influenced by regular shapes and straight lines but it's hard to break old habits I guess. What I enjoy most is learning something about myself and trying to make everything cohesive within an A5 sized page which I can then keep forever.

2 comments:

  1. Really into this! Love Miyazaki as well, and collaging! And I feel ya, my collages have been less structured lately too! I dig your blog :)
    xx www.russiandressing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete