Friday, October 3, 2014

Boss Lady










Wearing: SASS Sequin blazer, Thrifted blouse, thrifted trousers, Dr Martens boots and Zana Bayne harness. 

I've had some really stressful days lately in the aftermath of my twenty-first, as well as playing catch up with school work. Most of the time I am too exhausted to work on my art journal or create a moodboard, but obviously I still get dressed in the mornings so that's been my creative outlet. I can't believe I haven't worn this gorgeous sequin blazer my mom got me for Christmas yet, but it seemed appropriate to wear it while channeling mad boss lady vibes. A boss lady is someone who gets things done. She multitasks and is not afraid to be opinionated and ambitious. For this very reason, men and unfortunately women alike are intimidated and feel threatened by her. Often she gets called a bitch, simply because she works hard towards her goals. Over the next couple of weeks I will be channeling my inner boss lady until I finish my exams, after which point I hope to be back in a normal blogging regime.  

5 comments:

  1. this is so amazing! love the harness & the pants and the jacket x3 you def look like a boss lady ;)

    dresses-and-travels♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is insane, I would never have thought of pairing tartan with sequins but it looks so good. I think I'm in need of channeling my inner boss lady too - I have so much shit to get done :/

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun to wear sequins with tartan- well sequins with anything really. If I can inspire at least one person to channel their inner boss lady than that is a good thing <3

      Delete