Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Girl who Fell to Earth




Wearing: Thrifted hat, Karen Walker sunglasses, Country Road sweater, Romance was Born dress and Lipstick jelly sandals.

I bought this hat on a particularly successful shopping trip and I feel like it's my new baby. When I put it on I simultaneously feel like a Russian spy, a troll doll and spiritually connected to my biggest inspiration and favourite style icon Susie Bubble. Normally I shy away from the 1990s trends but I couldn't help but admire the weird colours and texture of this accessory. Also it's worth mentioning that I don't often see cool vintage hats at thrift stores so I needed to seize this opportunity with both hands. A lot of other fashion bloggers have been wearing pink and orange together so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and create an outfit reminiscent of my childhood. Aliens however, were not part of my childhood but I really wanted to wear these sunglasses and channel heavy 'Mars Attacks!' vibes from 1996.

10 comments:

  1. Mars attack! i love that too~
    i love how you combined the jelly shoes and the socks~~

    Adventure of P-Chaaaan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit x

    http://rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat is a similar texture to a sleeveless polo next top I had as a kid haha. I do love this colour combo so much! You're rocking it girl :)

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes 90s fuzzy knitted gear all the way! thanks <3

      Delete
  4. Yes to Mars Attacks! That hat looks super cool (and also comfy.) Red is my favourite colour so I love the colour scheme- and the spots and frilly socks of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's super comfy, it's super rare that I can find a hat that isn't too small or tight :)

      Delete
  5. love the hat, looks so soft. and very cool glasses ;)
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adeleeee you are a mushroom lady. Your sweater was already very mushroomy, but your hat makes it even more mushroomy. Also I am really glad that you wore them together because otherwise I may have never learned that mushroomy is a legit word. Mushroomy mushroomy mushroomy. A few weeks ago I got a cute lil mushroom charm and now I'm thinking that I definitely need to put it on a necklace.

    Glitterous Clitoris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this makes me v. v. happy, like srsly. Name: mushroom lady Occupation: mushroom lady.
      you should make a mushroom choker that'd be the sickest thing ever <3

      Delete
  7. obsessed with this, you look like a super cute cartoon character! love the sunglasses and the shoes ugh you are perfect <3

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete