Wednesday, August 13, 2014

status update:












Some of these pages from my art journal are quite old but most were made in the last month or so and there's a lot of nature and stuff, my favourite page being the one with the insects. Nature is often idealised as being luscious shades of green with lots of leaves but it's also the desert and sand and being alone with one's thoughts. I bought some great books from the library at university for less than a dollar and one is just a bunch of high quality aerial photographs of the desert and animal migrations and I can't wait to use that for some material in my journal.
I think I'm beginning to find a good routine to balance creativity with work and schoolwork where most nights after being at uni all day I sit down for hours at a time and maybe only complete one page in my journal. Some days I wish I could be more productive and churn collages out but mostly I am content to work at my own pace and feel happy when something is completed. At the moment, my only goal is to keep busy.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so inspired by journals, thank you for posting yours! x
    ✄ blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. your journal pages are endlessly inspiring (my favorite being the 9th one)! On the note of nature being idealised - a great movie for exploring that in a kind of different way is Picnic at Hanging Rock (I'm not sure if you've already seen it) but the focus is more on the deadly calm side of nature- it can't really be explained without giving away the plot of the movie, but if you HAVE seen it, then i'm available to be e-mailed about how cheated you may feel by the ending. haha

    //kani
    velveteenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Picnic at Hanging Rock but I do vaguely know about the plot, except for the ending
      - it'll go on the top of my long 'must watch' list

      Delete
  3. i'm always amazed at how you're able to incorporate so many elements into your journal entries

    ReplyDelete