Wednesday, August 6, 2014

love letters

At the moment I'm aesthetically cataloging everything, obsessively writing in my diary and trying to capture every moment. Every day from the past month has been meticulously written down and I have organised my art journals by theme. One is only for drawings, I have a few notebooks for making collages and currently I am planning a special art journal focused on rainbows and magic. I really enjoy it  but it's an exhausting process considering I also have lots of lecture notes to write on a weekly basis but it's really rewarding when I can relax in my room and it looks nice. Or I finally complete a month's worth of diary entries. Nothing is finished at the moment but this moodboard inspired by The Grand Budapest Hotel, Christopher Kane dresses and dreamy vintage interiors convey the same tone.
 
1a- Christopher Kane SS 13, b- Lana Barkin, c- Set of the Brady Bunch. 2- Redesign of the “Oblique Strategies” by Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt. 4a- Cry Baby (1990), 5c- Miu Miu FW 14, 6- Stella McCartney X Damien Hirst, 7a, 8- Christopher Kane FW 14, 9b- Eaton House in Essex, London & c- unknown. 10- Anna's zine on Rookie Mag, 12a & b- unknown, c- Style Rookie. 13- Moodoid. 3 & 7c.
5a, b, 7b, 9a & 11- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014).

8 comments:

  1. Ugh this moodboard is perfect, the colors and the words really resonate with me. Its very aesthetically pleasing .. You made a me a believer in Christopher Kane especially after seeing his fall 2014 collections, the Resort 2015 collection, and watching this interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXE4QT63Y78
    Good look with school. i'm starting real soon and its filling me up with both good and bad anxiety. lol :/ Just the thought of journaling and collaging a midst the hectic school season makes me feel good inside. :)

    styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a really long day of uni I just make a collage rather than trying to write notes or do assignments on some nights. Obviously I'll need to do less of that when things get busier but for now it's nice :)

      Delete
  2. Yum delicious candy floss coloured inspo. This reminds me I still need to get The Grand Budapest Hotel on DVD. Also I get you on trying to journal all the time while having lectures. I love your journal pages btw x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it's better to try and balance between the two, rather than solely try to focus on lectures. can't wait til TGBH comes out on dvd in australia!

      Delete
  3. Love this post! Such rad inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post!

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! You put so much work and effort into your moodboards and aesthetic, I don't know how you do it, but it's all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! It's time consuming but really therapeutic in a way? I like to do it especially after watching movies when everything is perfectly composed and coordinated

      Delete