Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hometown Hero








Wearing: Vintage top, Romance was Born dress worn as skirt, Vivienne Westwood x Melissa shoes, vintage faux fur shawl, DIY necklace and plastic rosary.

School's finished! Now all I have left to do is exams and then I'm home free! My outfit's are always more interesting when I am at home then when I have to dress for taking public transport and this one was inspired by Rookie Mag, The Virgin Suicides and Petra Collins. It was meant to be slightly more creepy, like an outtake from The Stepford Wives or an Alfred Hitchcock movie but all the pink kind of toned down that vibe. Still, this is one of my favourite recent outfits so far because of the strong colour coordination and aesthetic.
I really wanted to reference Tavi with her delicious feather boa thing and chunky platforms but instead it ended up more dreamy than 1970s influenced.

I couldn't believe my luck when I found these Vivienne Westwood shoes at the thrift store the other day for $10! I snapped them up right away but they're two sizes too small so I can't really wear them for long. Still, it was too good an opportunity to pass up and they will probably appear in my etsy store soon. Speaking of my etsy, what does everyone thing of my beaded necklace? I was thinking of making more but I kind of wanted to know what other people thought about them before I start to produce them en masse.


1,2 & 3 - 'Hometown Heroes' by Rookie Mag, 4- The Virgin Suicides (1999), 5 & 6- 'My Unites States of Whatever' by Petra Collins on Style Rookie, 7- Arvida Bystrom by Eleanor Hardwick, 8- An Education (2009), 9- unknown, 10- Style Rookie, 11.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS it really reminds me of young Tavi! <3

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! (Btw I will ship your stuff right before I leave for Europe. So you should get it by July! I am so sorry it's taken so long things have been hectic.)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's OK girl I understand <3 I hope you have fun in Europe!

      Delete
  3. This outfit also reminds me of another Rookie shoot, the Camp Rookie one, I can't remember what it is actually called, but I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about. The fur reminds me of the sashes they wore in the shoot. How cute would a fur sash covered in camp badges be? It would be very cute ♥

    Glitterous Clitoris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know the one you're talking about- with the sweet patchwork blankets and the berets and probably secret stashes of girl scout cookies off camera.
      I would love to try and decorate the fur sash with cute badges but I'm worried about destroying it ya know?

      Delete
  4. Such lovely pictures, those shoes are amazing!! What a find !

    Love your blog by the way, it's super cute. Lally X

    lallymacbeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete