Monday, March 17, 2014

This is your life















These are my journal entries for January except I am writing them in last year's diary because all the diaries for 2014 had ugly page layouts. Writing journal entries has only become relevant in my life now so it's a good thing I had a blank journal lying around anyway. I didn't finish decorating all the pages with stickers and my drawings until recently so that is why they are being posted now, in March. I am also keeping this separate from my art journal where I make collages and stuff with very little, often fragmented words. As an indication I have also finished writing in February and most of March but it usually takes some time for me to decide how I want each page to look and feel satisfied with it all. The words don't feel as important once I've written a complete entry and cataloged my feelings- they get filed away and slowly I don't feel the way I did before.

"Reflecting and archiving is not the same as dwelling in the past. It is not anti-living, but a part of life, even a crucial one. We do this to highlight one thing above others, so that a special moment can take up more space in our brains than an inconsequential one; so that, by plain math, our personal worlds contain more good things and fewer bad ones. Or more interesting things and fewer blah ones, since you have to record the bad, too."
-Tavi Gevinson from Rookie’s Editor’s Letter this month.

1 comment:

  1. super cute omg- i wish i was motivated to write a diary <3 <3

    ReplyDelete