Tuesday, March 11, 2014

some say i'm a dreamer but i'm not the only one









Lately it feels like my life has been taken over by thoughts of fall vibes and I obsessively wish I could wear sweaters and messy hair. In my defense we had a four day hear wave, I had trouble sleeping at night and was reminded why I hate summer. It would be nice if I could skip the next few weeks and watch the leaves turn orange and brown. A source of these premature falls vibes, also connecting to my late discovery of The Virgin Suicides and sad vibes of nostalgia came from the latest issue of Russh.
The issue which I speak of has a pretty telling interview and photos of teen queen Tavi Gevinson which is also all over the Internet and Tumblr but there's also great editorials. I wanted to photograph the spreads featuring automotive badass babes, school girls skipping school in china town and starry-eyed dreamers exploring forests. It's hard to pick a favourite because they are all quite different from one another but also held together by the lighting as a set.

3 comments:

  1. yayyaya i love autumn and i hated that poo poo hot weather too!! those photos look so groovy.
    i still haven't seen the virgin suicides lol
    carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyone loves summer but I hate it! I don't like being sweaty and gross- ya know!?

      Delete
  2. what a nice blog! wanna follow each other dear? :))

    http://choccopost.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete