Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hi





Wearing: Walter Van Beirendonck sweater, vintage shirt worn as skirt, American Apparel socks and Lipstick jelly sandals.

I received my Walter Van Beirendonck Muppet sweater in the mail last Friday and it is everything I dreamed of and so much more. Ideally I would wear it to some sort of Jim Henson exhibition with woolly pants but neither exist in my part of the world, so I had to improvise. The sweater is made from wool so it's really soft and the turtleneck is almost suffocatingly warm. I haven't worn turtlenecks since my mother dressed me as a seven-year-old and I can assure you it was not fashionable. Then again, the colours weren't nearly as bright and vivid and they lacked fundamentally weird motifs. These days I make it my business to compile all things weird and slightly groovy for my books and wardrobe. Putting them together is always the most difficult part but I really relish in creating something unique.

6 comments:

  1. in LOOOOOVE with this sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This jumper is everything! you are perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. your jumper is A+
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing!!!

    ps we are sock and shoes twins!!!!! c:

    ReplyDelete
  5. O M F G
    idk how I missed this when you first posted it but that sweater is from one of my fave W&LT collections!! *A* I wish I had your luck with finding cool shit online. T_T You styled it amazingly, too. Walter would be proud! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH
      I definitely need more W& LT though, I've got the fever!!

      Delete