Wednesday, March 26, 2014

days of our lives


February is such a weird month. It's over in the blink of an eye and half that time revolves around a Hallmark holiday, heart shaped boxes of chocolates and the colour pink. It was a good month for me though because I spent a lot of time immersing myself in the work of artists' in an attempt to find my own aesthetic. I didn't really find anything original but I did spend a lot of time at my desk working towards collages and doing these small illustrations for my diary. I got a lot of headaches doing this- my boyfriend thinks it's because I am working a different part of my brain and am not used to it. It was a labor of love though and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. My next challenge is to strike a balance between school work and continue to write diary entries and make my collages. At the moment I'm feeling optimistic because I have less contact hours and don't have to spend as much time waiting around for class and commuting but I know this is my most important year yet.

*Most of the drawings are in the style of other artists- Ginette Lapalme, Brianna of teen age chariot, estherlovesyou and inés estrada. Please let me know if you recognize your work and have been left out!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right! February is always the strangest month for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. February is one of those months that's over as soon as it started.
    Love your diary by the way, great memoir for the year

    www.jayybear.blogspot.com

    xx.

    ReplyDelete