Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekend



Image Source
I think I was absent from writing for a micro-second, but it feels like I actually achieved heaps of stuff. Also I have a mountain of lovely feedback! Now when I say achieving stuff, I did very little in creating collages or writing or sewing but instead I connected with the relevant people in my life which I have a nasty habit of turning my back on. This is going to be a boring run-down of my life and personal stuff but it explains my absence and sudden *aversion* towards the keyboard. I'm not having an allergic reaction to the computer! I just stopped being a hermit for a little while and left blogging for a day or two but I feel recharged and have all my new ideas consolidated in my mind. Now I can carry them out and not jumble them together.


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
First of all I drove to the most remote small town I have ever been to (not even my boyfriend heard of it) and there was the cutest thrift shop there. I was so sad I only had four dollars with me and there was no Eftpos but that's all the more reason to return which my Dad said was OK too. I ended up leaving with another crochet blanket, but this one is huge and with yellow, orange and beige yarn in an amazing 1970s vibe. I love it so much, but I had to leave behind a black skate shirt with a cool melting-cartoon-face design and a big pink vintage dress with pleats at the bottom. Also a floral baby doll dress. UGH- it was the best hunting ground I have ever seen and the lady running it was so cute- I am going to make a ritual or returning until I finally have my license when there's also money to be had of course. I couldn't believe some of the stuff people donated!

Image Source

Image Source
 
Image Source

Image Source
Then my friend had the house to herself so I ate chocolate cake, pudding and burgers from Grill'd for dinner but I left my wallet at home because I am such an idiot. We argued long into the night about what the phrase "butthurt" meant and where it came from. I am still a little boggled by it, but it was great catching up with my old girlfriends from high school. We had bad alcohol and played table tennis and everyone was in love with watching One Direction videos and listening to them except for me. Ben Folds forever! I was a bit heart broken about the amount of fangirling done, the fact we didn't play the chocolate game or watch Harry Potter and banter about work that my friends share and I don't Wah- but it's nice to have some sisterhood girl bonding time in familiar settings which make me feel young again. I'm going to be so old this year it isn't even funny anymore.

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
Then I rushed back home to my house, got ready and hopped in the car for one and a half hours to join my boyfriend and his family for a First Birthday Party. I'm officially adopted now, and everyone is nice. I stood around and talked with my boyfriend's cousins and aunts mostly since we were the 'unsocial' group indoors and avoiding all the young children below the age of ten. The drive home was long, we stopped for cigarettes for my boyfriend's mother and when we dropped them off at grandma's house we made out on his car for a bit in my street. How inappropriately wonderful. For going I got a cool party hat (to match the whole theme) and three lollipops. I call that a good haul. When I got back I had heaps of nice and lovely comments on my blog and Dad dug up forty Astronomy magazines from the garage he was considering throwing out. I am going to have the best week scrap booking.

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
 
Image Source

Image Source
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty great weekend! :)

    www.ee2be.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete