Monday, January 28, 2013

Survive

Image Source

Image Source
Basically if I can survive the next week or so and not implode I can do anything. Why am I in such a tizzy you ask? I'm working six days of the next eight. That probably isn't a lot to many other people, but considering I was just doing one shift a week for the last two weeks it's a rapid jump and since I am still in lazy university-student-holiday-mode yes I am freaking out that I will be rubbish at everything and collapse at every opportunity. Physically I'm going to be exhausted, mentally I'll be drained and if there's any bad decision-making it will probably haunt my psyche for the next fortnight or so. My nails are long and lovely, ready to be made glittery blue but I also don't want to be made fun of and ugh, I hate work and feel uptight and nervous at the moment. The good news is that I'll have lots of money by the end of this troubling ordeal, the bad news is that I won't have energy to blog and a lot of drafts will be posted and therefore I'll be depleted of all my fail-safes and back up plans so there may be a temporary void in my absence.


Image Source: Marie Antoinette (2006)

Image Source

Image Source
I think I strained my eyes or something last night after being stuck in the same place for nine hours straight and missing that glorious transition from afternoon to dusk. But they were okay the next morning which I was super happy about because that means I don't need an emergency trip to the eye doctor. But sadly I don't nee to pick out any glasses or anything sweet for my face. I didn't see the beginning of super powers in which I could sap lasers at people everywhere either. Maybe the secret is pink lipstick and that's what I'm really lacking. Or that cosmetic shade is radioactive and imbued with mutagenic stuff. Who knows. All I know is that I can't shoot off the heads of all argumentative little blighters and spider bites on my hands haven't let me shoot webs either. I think I've been jibbed on both accounts.


Image Source
 
Image Source
Oh why can't I just be a professional crazy cat lady instead of a part time dork? *Sigh*Maybe one day when I have worked enough to secure a glorious pension fund which I will then in turn try to trade in for cat food and fluffy friends. The only fluffy friends I have at the moment are the stuffed animals on my bed and the bandages from supporting my ankle. It would seem that I'm fit, but not that fit but I don't have to referee any grand finals though which is great because I absolutely hate them! So today is going to be spent going into damage control, relaxing and probably watching some Sailor Moon. And avoiding looking at Etsy and eBay with my new found fortune I have to be careful not to spend it all at once and space it out for my phone bill... a few more listings and slowly getting rid of garbage bags full of clothes will help this process along as well.


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
I think I ate a ridiculous amount of pizza this weekend, something close to the ballpark range of four slices this week? Oh who am I kidding, those four slices were eaten within the space of a day with a cheese sandwich to space out the flavour. It has been a while since I indulged though and it did feel good to get some quick carbohydrates into my system. The melted cheese and tomato paste mingling with shredded ham and pepperoni slices was just too good to refuse. It wasn't picturesque and as pretty as what we see above, but let's face it. Where in the world does such perfection exist? Certainly not in my ordinary corner of the world at least. So for the next week there will probably be more fruit and vegetables to compensate for all that gorging... Something that was initially meant to be about running around and getting fit, I managed to pervert with gorgeous Italian takeaway. Being stuck at a faraway venue for eight or nine hours at a time does warrant some strong hunger pains though.


Image Source
 
Image Source
 
Image Source
 
Image Source
My mother bought some more fancy teas when she went grocery shopping so this week will probably be a little discovery of their blends and stuff. Since I won't want to do anything else other than be a house sloth, put outfits together and hastily mail things off that I successfully sold. I'm looking at a positive strike rate of thirty-three percent at the moment which sounds pretty good to me. I don't know what I would want to put the extra cash to, but I will think of something since I live the cushioned life of a university student who still lives at home. And has only just recently taken responsibility of her phone bill, doesn't own a car and therefore doesn't need to pay for petrol or wi-fi. Mentally wi-fi seems the most important to me and a direct link to my happiness. It's the biggest reason why I stay at home all day and am afraid to leave in case I either miss a mailed package or get mugged on the streets. Fantastic. I think I'll make a cup of blackcurrant tea blend with ginseng and a twist of vanilla.


Image Source

Image Source
 
Image Source: Flight of the Conchords
Or instead of watching Sailor Moon it might be Flight of the Conchords which is the only HBO series that I have seen so far, but I am really keen to try and raid the local electronic store for more. While flicking through channels my mother passed their latest series, "Girls" and I saw an interview with one of the writers and I really want to check it out. Unfortunately wrestling my mother for television control is just an up hill battle. Harrumph. Satellite access for better channels can be so fickle and cruel sometimes. It's just teeming with popular culture references and strange episode concepts that circulate around a single idea which I also enjoy. Maybe learn a little bit more about David Bowie in the lead up to his next release, which apparently one of my uncles really enjoys. Which caught me off guard in discussion with my parents, since I still think of Bowie as this magical being that appears in strange movies with elaborate costumes. Which incidentally I really want to download...


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment