Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sad Rainbow

Oh sweet Jesus I think I killed my arm, so that's my excuse for not drawing and already reverting back to images from Tumblr for photo sets instead of physically collaging. Which is a shame because I want to mash together a Chanel perfume bottle with a picture of sperm penetrating an egg. Anyway I went to the library and borrowed a mammoth amount of CDs; twenty-one if you want to be technical and my forearm is still sore after bearing the grunt of it. I got some odd looks when searching for my mother who had to take the library bag and my card off of me before I decided to prepare for the massive wave of heat coming this week. I'm going to be indoors anyway so this is going to be a great use of time when I am not reading or writing or burning candles. I also saw someone from high school and had to get uncomfortably close when returning a shipping cart. Of course it would be my luck that he was retrieving as we went to leave for home. Luckily he was a nice guy from memory and equally awkward in the situation. I need someone to kiss my arm better!

Image Source

The incidence and frequency of discussing moving out with my boyfriend is on the rise and I know it's sort of a rite of passage thing amongst young adults. Oh sure. Many Americans move across other states just to attend university and it's not all that uncommon here in Australia too but I don't have the kind of money to back up that kind of lifestyle. Also having finished a rigorous senior year I was pretty unprepared for the culinary consequences and trials facing one trying to feed their self. So I'll try to step up lessons with my Dad on cooking some old family favourites still and try not to look at the cardboard boxes still in my room from when we moved in. We moved in when I was five. I am now nineteen and didn't bother in all that time to unpack any and every box. My excuse is that it's kind off too late now since a lot of those boxes are the ones with my bad handwriting marked 'Toys'.

Image Source

Image Source: Marilyn Monroe in 1953

Image Source
Gosh I love the colour slime green- in fact I have some coloured blue tack which I've been playing with to hold up my most recent DIY crowns and also whip together some prototypes. There will unfortunately not be any spray painting from this girl no matter how pissed off I am. Although I do love to use my words rather than physical motions to express myself combining the two doesn't really validate my feelings in any positive way. Although I may not be immune from trying to spread my URL around on the streets in a very poor attempt to advertise. (Because I totally don't know how to do that on a budget of zero dollars) Speaking of words you know how you read something and it slightly brushes off on you and influences the way you speak? Well I've been delving into my old New Scientist magazines from 2010. FINALLY. So I don't know... expect to hear some weird shit about glucose or whatever.


Image Source

Image Source
There is probably an unhealthy and almost lethal dose of domesticated animals within this post, so if anyone keels over the best remedy may be cynical and sad pop music or for the tougher listening to rough and Tumblr bands named things like Anthrax. I'm sort of loving my weird mood which consists of a To-Do pile of arts and crafts and I am also been playfully labelled as a hermit by my boyfriend. Tomorrow my mother is getting her hair cut by a family friend and I'll be spending quality time with her lapdog Chester and soaking in more gloriously soft and fluffy goodness in real life. He sort of looks like a rag doll of a teddy bear when he lies all over the floor and hopefully can stop liking himself for five minutes so I can pat him. But on the whole getting out and practicing to drive thing, it's sort of unspoken that I leave the house so much; two times on a row oh mercy!


Image Source

Image Source
Image Source
The heat is absolutely killing my creativity and I just feel like the most lame person in all of creation because I don't want to do anything... I'm so disenchanted, there's not energy or the drive to do anything and I can't even be bothered eating. The only bliss after a stint of horrible, bad, energy-sucking weather is the relief and refreshment of a cool shower. That lasts for all of ten minutes before you're sweating again. I'll show off my newest crowns and matching outfits and maybe create some new stuff since I am feeling camera shy along with sweaty for now. I have on loan from my lovely boyfriend's mother a sewing machine and once she retires she'll also teach me to knit. I sure do know how to pick them. If I can't find room to sew it will have to take place on the veranda or I can try my best to collage in an amateur way. All the second hand shops will open again next Monday heading back into their usual routine though so that may also provide some amusement and reinvention of my wardrobe.


Image Source
Image Source

Image Source
At the moment I'm sorting of flipping up between starting a whole new blog where I will only post original content, or keeping this one around and flipping the theme and what I post on it's head. I feel kind of bad not working hard to make my own type of art but already I feel overwhelmed by the challenge of 100% content based on my life. Although I do enjoy the idea of sisterhood and being brought together close in all girl gangs I know my levels of sociability are pretty weak in this area. The best I've managed in the last few weeks is commenting on people's blog posts when it's late at night and I am left burning the midnight oil because I am not a night person. Come to think of it, I don't really enjoy and relish the mornings either. Dear god. Am I even a person of any kind!? My life is a lie... I think I'm a robot Mum help.


Image Source

Image Source:
cold summer, Antonia Wesseloh and Hedvig Palm in Marc Jacobs for love magazine s/s 2012

Give me intimate forests littered with leaves and an omnipresent fog bank any day over the sun and constant application of sunscreen anyway. While I know I should enjoy my holidays and try to be enriching my time with wonderful memories it feels a little difficult to do that when you could spontaneously combust at any moment when leaving outdoors. I feel tired but not beautiful and without sports shoes on my feet like this sisters together in quiet solitude. With not a lot going on in my life I feel correspondence would be the greatest combatant to the misery in my mood. I'm not sure what's really happened- usually I am thoroughly engaged in something and I let it take over my life but for now I'm a despondent hermit left to mill over old magazines in the hope that creativity will strike like a magical lightning bolt.


Image Source: Kate Moss

Image Source
I could make pretty art expressing just how sad this hot weather makes me feel but it's the sort of stinky hot oppression that makes you unable to fight. I can't believe so many people love Summer in Australian... where I hate it so radically. Most of the time when my pets died they were rabbits from heat exhaustion or myxomatosis brought about by an increase in the local mosquito population. Sure the weather is nice and sunny but there is a limit to what I can tolerate. My long hair becomes a heavy burden on my neck and you remove layers to a point where it is no longer socially acceptable. Were it not for the twenty something albums I have borrowed and to familiarise myself with like new friends to come I would be avidly trying to claw someone or something's eyeballs out at any moment I can feel it. And every time the weather report comes on they shade everything in red- why don't you just put skull and crossbones everywhere to emphasis how bad it really is.


Image Source

Image Source: The Simpsons
I don't know why it took so long for some classic Simpsons screen caps to find their way onto my dashboard but as usual Tumblr is the massive place of exchange and funny captions. Another brilliant but this time secretive place of exchange for young people is the library. Yes libraries are typically for dorks but honestly the music section is full of amazing stuff and DVDs for the Mighty Boosh go unborrowed because everyone else my age has actually bought these discs for themselves. Well hear I say that you guys are suckers and I am the awesome one hear. Now to write about more Comme Des Garcons and re-watch Wes Anderson's 'The Darjeeling Limited'. Bored-teenager-blogger-in-the-middle-of-a-heatwave-and-national-fire ban; AWAY! (That's my superhero name with a touch of realism thrown in for you all).


Image Source

Image Source

1 comment:

  1. you're so funny, i love the way you write! i think you should keep this blog :)
    would you mind checking out mine? (don't laugh, i know i have 0 followers but i only just started!)
    www.ohnoitsemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete