Monday, January 21, 2013

Pussy

Image Source

Image Source: The Simpsons
So it would seem my sense of indecency knows no bounds at the moment and for the second time this week I have a 'rude' title post. It's like I've taken a long walk through a high school hallway and all the language has seeped in. Once I posted one (rudely titled post), I felt compelled to post the other but make this more about cats and stuff that is important to me this Summer such as abusing the air-conditioner and smothering myself in ice packs.

My mind is an absolutely melted pool of pancake batter at the moment because I've been awake since five in the morning and my brain refused to stop. So I had some ideas of what to draw next on my phone that I wrote down and now that function is spacing out so then I thought of things like shaving, cats but not shaving cats and in general the meaning of life. Yes, I've given it some though and I am pretty sure it is 42. Hooray for the hasty Douglas Adams reference! I am listening to Foals who are a UK indie/ folk rock outfit so that might be shifting my focus as we speak.

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
Oh look pretty gemstones, it's like Sailor Moon vomited all over MS Paint! Around my room I think there are about six or something half-finished craft projects because I have been super lazy lately. Also I am running really low on stuff to load into my hot glue gun- let's call them little glue stick bullets. So next to me right now is a weird and squishy rabbit toy, some paper pumpkins, a library sticker and pipe cleaners everywhere just hoping I will get around to finishing and fixing them. Don't even get me started on the weird baby blanket skirt I have been trying to work on for about a month now. This is the problem i have always encountered in life- I want to do so many things that lots of stuff is half-finished and thus i forgot to pack away my toys and stuff as a kid when I was done playing because I was never done. This transcended into mess and drowning in half-completed arts and crafts projects.


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
Thinking about the importance of pet ownership and more and more about cats I think the stage of loneliness and despair is supposed to happen typically before a protagonist finds their night in shining armour. For me it's the other way round, or perhaps my crazy shine taken to all things feline will eventually be my undoing. All I know is I don't feel needed at the moment and there is somehow an emptiness about not being pestered and being free to do as I like and plan the week ahead. I don't mean the annoying itinerary passed around on every bus trip and school camp. I mean today I'll read, eventually there will be the burning of candles and carefully planned outfits and maybe some eBay auctions I'll attend to should I throw caution to the wind. A little drawing on my phone too. I've managed to go over my monthly Internet limit within three days by 34%- something which should know be fixed thanks to the best guy in the world. That's one thing a cat wouldn't possibly do, and a loving partner is able to manage. I owe it to the evolution of opposable thumbs in one and not the other as well as exaptation of a large brain.


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
Here's a fun fact for all you budding and aspiring gardeners: the flowers shown in the above ghostly image are called Dahlias. I'm going to mangle some fake dahlias in my next DIY crown project as soon as my plastic Easter eggs arrive (I am working ahead of time and for holiday occasions now) and work out the best way to add leaves to gingham cloth. Every time I show someone what craft stuff I've gotten up to in the last few days they comment on how bored I am and I don't quite understand. If I was bored I'd be sitting mindlessly like a zombie in front of the television watching DVDs. But instead I am doing stuff and trying to read a bit more and work towards creating interesting visual stuff. What's boring about that?Also I am not nearly mad enough to open my old textbooks from last year as revision and trying to pace myself throughout this next year. NOW THAT WOULD BE PENULTIMATE BOREDOM.


Image Source: Peter Pan

Image Source:
Image Source
DIY has been slowly taking over my life like an evil-talking-cat vows for world domination (what was that movie, Cats and Dogs? Cats vs. Dogs?) but I draw the line at eyeball rings. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of many things creepy. For once the flesh reflects the monstrous insides or whatever it was mentioned in Frankenstein which I still have yet to re-read. Just you guys wait till I release photographs of my bedroom with my creepy Blythe Doll sitting on my bed after I put a cross sticker on her bulbous forehead. It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself- but I am reluctant to handle glass eyes in the name of hygiene and occupational health and safety. I thought I hadn't inherited my mother's germophobia, but it looks like I wasn't quite so lucky. I'm more than happy to wear the eye myself as long as someone else does all the fiddly bits with needle-nose pliers and all that jazz.


Image Source

Image Source:
boundbylove:
laser cat by syndrome stockholm on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment