Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pastel

Image Source
I humbly present another Frankenstein post of images scavenged from Tumblr- although I have started making a collage book I have two and a half pages completed and I sort of started but haven't finished another crown. I was surprised how sleepy I was from sewing yesterday, but apparently sitting on your but and pushing a tiny pedal requires tremendous amounts of energy! Sewing is great and all, but I miss having a teacher floating around and waving my hand manically for help or moving on to a spare machine. Instead I had one hour of puzzle solving in real life not just in dungeons of Legend of Zelda video games. It was a challenge, but through jumping from video games these last few weeks I have at least learnt the art of perseverance which is super important! All this perseverance won't help me make some cute stockings though- which is a shame because I am absolutely lusting them at the moment and yearning to wear some with really badly made singlet tops and kooky crowns. In just two weeks I can work and earn some money without having to ration myself so much- hooray!


Image Source: The Simpsons

Image Source
I try not to show smoking in any light, but I suppose if you want to then the best thing you can do is to get some cutie pie accessories. I kind of wish I owned these- the pink sin sticks and the cat lighter because you could have them in your room but never use them. *I have no idea who this girl is or whether she does smoke or not. From this point forward it is just more of my insane rambling.* I suppose that would make you a 'poser' though but I've long since stopped caring about that. I can wear glasses without a prescription or pose with cigarette stuff if I want because, well really, it's not hurting you or anything. I see why people may take a certain stance about these things but if it doesn't directly affect them then I don't see why they should be offended.


Image Source

Image Source: Dexter's Laboratory

Image Source
My mother keeps impressing the importance of working hard, having a big house so she can come and bug me in my adult life and never stop mother/ smothering me. Ever. Yeah right, like I'll really let that happen. I do like the idea of a nice big house though and this photograph has me dreaming of doing weird things in guest bedrooms and whatnot of super girly and sugary sweet sanctity. It will make for an interesting deterrent to my older brother or a spouses' brother to say the least *chuckles darkly*. I love rabbits a lot so rolling around in a love seat garnished with vintage toys so heavily seems like heaven and I've been doing some craft, DIY stuff with pink gingham at the moment. I almost wish I had made a heart-shaped cushion but that's not nearly as cool as some clothes and stuff to show off in outfit posts when I finally muster up the courage. I would much rather mustard up a sandwich at the moment...


Image Source: S

Image Source: Moonrise Kingdom
There's probably some outrage about an actress under the age of sixteen portrayed to be some sort of object of love and affection, but if anyone had to do it I'm glad it was Kara Hayward. I'm seeing a common thread here amongst Wes Anderson's motion pictures of sexual relationships but they are only secondary to the main plot line. I think that's how best to balance relationships as well- it's more important to maintain communication and a friendship and then the other stuff just comes later. I just love the constant scratching of the kitten right beside Suzy Bishop (the character) and flickers of shadowy blue eyeshadow. Kind of makes me wish I could be bothered to integrate that into my routine everyday, but I do love my sleep-ins.


Image Source
Image Source
Image Source
So while watching the televised tennis matches and metaphorically biting my nails in anxiety, I've been brain washed by advertisements. It's shameful, I know. But I need a new phone, I've had the same one for three years or something and it does not work one iota. Except for phone calls. It can't text anymore and can't receive texts either. I want to upgrade to something which is a monstrous leap from my old brick, neanderthal technology to the twenty-first century. The iPhone was my first choice for a long time because there are so many pretty cases and stuff for customisation, but what's really being sung and sold to the masses is the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I've done independent research of my own, it's huge in comparison and it's camera isn't as good as the iPhone 5's, but I'm more inclined towards the cheaper iPhone 4. I'm really looking for a tool to help me with blogging and image creation, and with a Photoshop app made especially for the Android phone I am very, very tempted at the moment to leap at it. It'd make bringing original images to you guys a little easier- which you seem to like.


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
Although these are awfully pretty in their little pink case complete with a scalloped edge, I feel guilty. I had meant to practice and wear fake eyelashes during the holidays for outfit posts. I've inherited my Chinese ancestry on being bare in the hair department, which is good for my legs (if you're into that kind of thing) but bad when using mascara. It's not even noticeable... So they're probably out in the mess of desk collecting dust rather than on my eyelids. From memory... the last time I applied them myself it took maybe the best part of an hour. Which was fine because it was all for formal preparation and I was just sitting around watching Doctor Who anyway but with more sweat and temperature they may fall of a little easier. Can I really be bothered? Probably not. That won't stop me dreaming of batting my eyes like a southern belle and trying to woo anything in my path.


Image Source: Freaks and Geeks

Image Source
Confession time: I really want a choker necklace. In high school it was a bit awkward and faux pas since some of the more estranged peers floating about in my collective year level pool wore them. Which as a rule of thumb in the social hierarchy made them therefore uncool and bad to look at but now I find them beautiful. I'm more enlightened from my days of leaving hallowed halls lined by lockers. That may also be a contributing factor. Etsy has also opened doors for me, and the ones I'm eyeballing currently have either pink roses or something sweet to soften the blow. Maybe I've watched StyleLikeU's interview with Fashion Pirate a little too much, but now I feel comfortable in rocking elements of the dominatrix look be it with black leather injected into the mix, silver studs or body harnesses. OK, OK, I'll admit I don't have body harnesses or chains slung over any of my clothes at the moment but don't count me out yet.


Image Source

Image Source

9 comments:

  1. Hi, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! see my post to answer questions and pass the award on! :) http://askthe-moon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome inspiration!!! I love seeing posts like this cause it lets you see inside people's minds and all the random stuff that is inspiring them!!!! Man, those socks/tights are cool. And yes, I also wish I had proper money. Curse my underageness!!!!! Also, adventure time and Moonrise kingdom = completely legendary!!
    CARLA
    Ps: I randomly found your tumblr, it's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute!!! You're from Australia?? Awesome, me too. What state are you from?? ( you don't have to answer that if its creepy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind answering that (but thank you for respecting privacy and stuff) I live in Melbourne, Victoria :)
      It'd be cool to meet someone from blogging in real life!

      Delete
    2. I live in Melbourne TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Can we please do a collaborative post/ interview thing or meet for coffee? If that's cool with you

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. great post *_* your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos! love the first one. need those socks!

    ReplyDelete