Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mental

Image Source
I finally got my new phone guys! I feel so awkward using it at the moment but by the time university is back in full

swing I'll be some sort of professional or wizard whipping out posts like a factory assembly line. Or at least able to keep up with all the new posts on my dashboard in the mornings once I've given the coffee a little time to settle down into my busy bee body. Having had many a long night talking on instant messenger to my boyfriend I am a keen typist and could probably give my mother a run for her mother even though she had touch typing lessons so there may just be some mild tweaking and editing from my phone. And doodling. I've already done Bart Simpson and Finn from Adventure Time but am just exploring the photo editing capabilities of my sweet new toy. It's pricey but hopefully there will be more content and stuff for my followers to reap rewards.

Image Source

Image Source
It's a little bourgeois and stuff but I really want a decent pizza necklace to wear right now ever since I saw this amazing snapshot on Tumblr. Of course it's from Lazy Oaf who are sort of prolific in making street savvy clothing, necklaces and stationary hailing all the way from London but with a large monthly phone bill to pay I'm going to need to learn how to budget- and fast. Also the whole free, unlimited SMS text is going to be a very big distraction I'll need to learn to ignore when classes start up again. Which is long enough for me to whirl around with my stylus and doodle on everything everywhere like some sort of kleptomaniac graffiti artist lovechild. The catch is at the moment, I don't know how to save images on it yet... The learning curve is going to be mercilessly sharp and steep over the weekend which will be broken up with short trips driving. I am seventy percent to my license at the moment which is just another factor that will get me a few more shifts and hence more money!


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
The high-sitting bangs appears to be quite the hot topic among fashion bloggers at the moment... and here I am rocking hair that sits at roughly my collarbones sprouting from that area of my head. I've never been one to really follow trends or take much notice although there were some fabulously large print and glossy magazines at the newsagent I was lusting after today. One was entirely focused on hair with A3 sized shoots with a slight collaging effect. It was pretty much in love at first glance. Unfortunately their names were 'Culture' and 'Used' (from the UK) which are a nightmare to search for on eBay and secondhand. The world can be a very cruel and sick place sometimes. Maybe next time I head over to the shops I'll look for them again, or just try to source what I can from zines and Rookie Mag which might result in strange misshapen braids and beehives. I'm the first to admit it: I'm not very good with my hands...


Image Source

Image Source
I was super excited about the drawing capabilities and stuff and those apps in particular were the first I opened. I dreamed of making evenly coloured and neatly penned illustrations like the above to share with you, but sadly it's not the same and my penmanship is horrible. I can't even hide behind the excuse of my burn blister disrupting my activities anymore because overnight it just went down. Also there's very little courage on my part to link my laptop to my phone at the moment so I can't exactly access the things I have drawn, decided I liked enough and saved. I wish there was an instruction manual or CD-Rom with the box. That somehow makes me feel a whole lot better about technology. I'm such a 1990s kid.


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
At last- an image that captures my social isolation. Not really though. Last night I went to see Paranorman (brought to you by the creators of Coraline) with my boyfriend which was super good. I think I liked it even better than Frankenweenie from Tim Burton- just because of the construction of the adults in one movie versus the other. Paranorman featured the typical, lost and warping between the real world and the world of fiction blurring the lines of actuality. I was trying not to cry at a lot of the parts of the movie just because the topic of bullying in schools and from strangers on the street for being a little bit different and off really hurts me sometimes. The ending and the way the main characters (the kids) comes together is really fantastic too. I don't want to give too much away or spoil it for anyone else who wants to see it but basically: sexual equality. There's a real zinger/ cool/ punchline thing at the end that is both humorous and great to see in a 'mainstream kid's movie' acknowledging homosexuality.


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
Only I could feel sad and nostalgic by looking at star glitter, being the misunderstood cretin that I am. I had some really nice sparkles and stuff I bought from high school when I still liked crafts and stuff and I remember sorting them out by colour since they were all mixed in to begin with but now I've forgotten their secret hiding spot. Which is good because it was such a success even I've forgotten where they are lurking but I can't use them now. Even more unlucky when you consider that images like this can take off on blogging sites and create a lot of hype for something we all collectively would have experienced in kindergarten when drawing and painting with glue and stuff. Oh well, popularity is over rated and I've been so out of touch with it for many years so I probably won't miss it's absence now of all times.


Image Source

Image Source:
Bra and Panties
1963
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Image Source
More cell phone banter because I can: I have some symmetrical filter effects apps for photographs and a whole swag of other goodies I can't wait to play with. They don't make everything sweet with pastel tones and water colour effects but you can't have it all. I'm not very confident that I have everything set up at the moment so when I'm not adding in comments to posts I might just stick to collaging in real time for now. Having said that in one hour or so I will probably end up making a sheet fort in my bedroom, watching Daria on my laptop and going absolutely nuts because a device can reach the Internet from my bedroom. There won't be a lot of sleeping done on my part in the next week. But I need to get up some time for my morning cup of tea or mug of coffee so those will probably be made and dragged back into bed with me where it's comfy and cosy. I can't find Instagram anywhere at the moment which is just as well- who really wants to see hipster vaporised images drenched in sepia tone of someone's bedsores?


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
I've seen many lovely printed leggings and stockings on sites like Romwe and also eBay which is all very well and good except the weather is so hot outside you could fry an egg on the sidewalk. Maybe. If the sidewalk doesn't hurt or you think it's too unhygienic just pop that sucker on the dashboard of a car and something is bound to cock. As far as I'm concerned, Autumn couldn't come any sooner and give me time to roll around in witchy pumpkin motifs, cute socks with stockings combinations and cardigans before I have to once again smother myself in boring and plain duffel coats and sweaters. They're practical and on par for the season, but when you wear the same thing day in and day out for practicality it does seem to be pretty plaintive and boring. I don't know what I hate more; Summer or Winter. Probably Summer. I can't drink hot chocolate either.


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment