Sunday, January 13, 2013

High School Rookie

Wearing: DIY Crown, Skirt bought from America (Forever 21?), vintage blouse from Asos Marketplace, Miss Shop polka dot sweater.

I don't think I wrote a proper introduction to this crown which is the design I first thought of and sort of obsessed over. I'm a perfectionist at heart and wanted to make sure I made it look as awesome as ever to bring out it's true, feminist potential. I bought a bunch of Sylvanian animals from a thrift store for six dollars for seven figures or something and the beaver girl was my favourite. Of course I had to capitalise on the puns and associations there. I originally wanted to name this "Pussy Pride" or something outrageous but for that to make sense the figure would have to be a cat. Anyway that's a heart in silver behind her in case you can't figure that out- I should have made that a little bit bigger but it's a bit too late to change anything now. It's more like a Victoria Secret decoration which is ironic because I think that is the worse televised event within the last century. Easily.


The headband itself sort of sits awkwardly on my head so it's not quite front on, but I don't quite see myself risking the structural integrity of the pipe cleaners. I haven't yet hit my stride for making these babies yet but already I am thinking of themes like space aliens and Easter coming up so expect to see these crazy guys worming their way into more outfit posts.


4 comments:

  1. OMG YOU ARE THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD!!!! I love that crown, it was PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blushing so hard right now... @_@

      Delete
  2. Aawww how cute! I like your mixed print outfit too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so rad! Very creative! :D

    www.ee2be.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete