Thursday, January 10, 2013

Head Explosion

Image Source: Daria

Image Source
I'm in a bit of a deflated mood, so sorry for spending my time whinging on this blog- I've been preparing all week for a radio competition, my call didn't get through and I shouted out all three answers correctly. Ugh. I could have seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers side of stage for goodness sakes! Oh well... I don't have to cancel work and I won a prize pack yesterday by answering a silly question so when that comes my tempers will be soothed. Yesterday I was nowhere to be seen since I was busy playing Lego Harry Potter at my boyfriend's house and in all honesty- I loved it! It was a much easier game than the original Harry Potter games since you just run around trying to interact with everything in the room. I think it was tailor made for destructive kleptomaniacs. It's pretty fun. I also put some clothes away and tried to organise my wardrobe, realising to my horror that there is little room for new things (so I have to begin to sell stuff again...) In addition to this I have about five or six craft projects floating around in my room without any desk space and organisation. At the rate I'm going, I could make my own hard rubbish collection pile in a quick twenty minutes- I am confident of this.


Image Source: The Simpsons
I am really torn about the radio contest thing, since I wrote a cheat sheet list and knew the obscure song of the band I don't even listen to normally. It was because I wanted to go to the Big Day Out/ go see the festival and was excited... but Soundwave will be there waiting for me on the first of March.  Sad Bart Simpson is my perfect avatar for this mood- but that reminds me I should begin making a blog notebook to write in tangent with online entries. I want somewhere to collage stuff but I never finish writing in one notebook anyway because I'm so all over the place... hence the title of head explosion because I feel like the Fantastic Four's Mr. Fantastic being stretched too thin and not spending enough time on each task. I've always been like that though.


Tavi Gevinson

Image Source

Image Source: Daria
Today's game plan involves some sulking, time spent on the exercise bike, tea drinking and also making a top out of a table cloth. That makes me sound like a poor person... but it was 25c from a thrift store and is new in pink gingham. So it's pretty cute and if it is terribly made it will be a prop in outfit posts as a basic layer/ pajamas. Also the scraps can be used for my next DIY Crown which has a yellow and Japanese theme. I can't help working towards a theme, and I can only imagine that I would want to move more towards this theme if I had been watching Sailor Moon. Luckily I haven't, I'm still stuck on Flight of the Conchords season one and have made very little progress since I last mentioned it. I've been partially busy with some longer posts, cleaning my room and exercising so there is sort of a life I have going on, but not really.

Image Source: Saved By The Bell
I never watched Saved by the Bell, but I can't resist a cutie sleeping in class. While I am disheartened and it feels as if the mood for the entire day has been ruined by misfortune I will not return to bed and sleep it off because I've managed to get my patterns back in order. Which is ironic because lately I've been playing hours of video games and not really exercising any muscles except my thumbs but am happy all the same. I want to begin to make the most out of today, hopefully put all the contents of two cupboards into one to make some shrine space and maybe make some amateur garlands. I feel like trying to make my room a little prettier but the easiest thing would be falling asleep and dreaming of dreamy moodiness.

Image Source
Yesterday was a nice, uncomplicated day of twiddling my thumbs playing as the world's favourite trio of young wizards. He also prepared lunch for the both of us, but as per usual went overboard with the liberal use of tomato sauce. Still, it's the thought that counts. Today will probably be spent writing a little more, but I am sort of mourning the loss of my father's iPad, on loan from work and finally being returned but he said he might try to buy it back so as not to compromise my files and personal details being lost. Aw, what a sweetheart. It may have something to do with my sporadic bouts of vacuuming around the house or my ferrying back and forth collecting pretty junk from the shed. All speculation aside, I am awfully lucky to have such nice men in my life that care about me.

Image Source

Image Source
Yesterday when sifting through a toy box I found three Ronald McDonald and friends characters which I want to combine with some handmade french fries cartons. The only problem is I don't have any yellow pipe cleaners to make some faux potato chips but somehow I will manage and I have confidence this project will happen. The only problem is I already have four headbands decorated at the moment, I bought a bulk pack of twenty-five and I would struggle to display and wear that many 'crowns' decorated in the Rookie Mag vain per Petra Collins and Tavi Gevinson's instructional video. So there may be an Etsy store on the cards (one day) or some good, old-fashioned giveaways to get you guys excited about my blog. Because my statistics for December were terrible and I like to feel connected to people through Blogspot which is a little difficult at times.


Image Source

Image Source
Jeffrey Campbell Coltrane boots are once again making their way onto my blog because I really want to rock them to university. However doing a science degree we are supposed to wear close toe shoes for any laboratory work, which I'll be doing a lot of since I'm doing three Biology units next semester. It's the small cut-out sections near the buckles that has me a little worried, but if I wore black socks then surely no one would be any wiser to my sassy fashion rebellion right under their noses. But still, I have two pairs of Dr Martens to wear so another pair of combat boots in black would be classified as excessive. Managing space is getting more difficult to do...


Image Source

Image Source: Pokemon

Image Source
I don't know what it is about vinyl- maybe it's the huge cardboard covers that lets us inspect the cover art a little better. Maybe there is a richer tone about the music or they make wicked displays. I sure hope this giant heart is in reference to the HBO series Girls, because if Flight of the Conchords has taught me anything it's that HBO series are amazing. They've also gotten some rave reviews on other television series in Rookie Mag, so it's worth investigating. There's a realistic, self-depreciative tone about their characters that is also inspirational. That's probably why I... heart them so much (oh bad puns are what I live for). Despite decisively admiring them, I still want a wider breadth of their work and what I'm really dealing with here.  If only Netflix was available in Australia- sigh. My excuse is that my mother used my library card to borrow DVDs so I couldn't choose any of my own.

Image Source: Chanel F/W 2012

Image Source

Image Source: Adventure Time

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the awesome comment on my blog!!!! Love your blog and the photos you post are awesome. I'm not really sure what a Liebster award is but thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog. Hey Adelleda, I've been *stalking* your blog for quite some time now and I just have to come out and tell you quite how lovely I find it. That is all. xx

    ReplyDelete