Thursday, January 10, 2013

Garden Girl

Wearing: Lenko bug top, American Apparel pleated skirt, Vivienne Westwood X Melissa grey gumboots, socks from childhood and DIY crown.

While I don't wear a lot of green on a daily basis, I do seem to have a natural aversion towards green skirts and this is possibly one of my favourites. It's not the crazy leaf patterned skirt that I sometimes wear, but something a little more formal and special. It's just so long and flowy- plus it's the perfect shade of dark green in the Ariel the Little Mermaid fish tail. Denim shorts aren't my best friend at the moment, their a bit rubbish and boring. I could practically waltz by myself when holding this like Neville Longbottom as he practices for the Yule Ball. This time I teamed it up with the best shirt in the world that I'm practically in love with for a nature freak approach. Also, both the materials for my skirt and shirt are also pretty upmarket so I feel a bit like a queen in a get up as ridiculous as this.

If I weren't so rubbish at Photoshop I would attempt to add some band aids on my knees with cute little cartoon characters for bonus childhood nostalgia. Unfortunately in real life, as soon as I felt better after having a band aid laid on my wound, I'd rip it off because it got annoying and in the way. Also band aids are expensive unless they're dead stock. No- I had better wait another two weeks before my mother returns back to work and I have the house all to myself. Then I will indulge in wearing temporary tattoos on my hands and run the air conditioner till it sounds unhealthy and like a choking robot. I forgot how hot and bothered one can get one they flippantly change clothes constantly in order to find that magical and wondrous perfect outfit.



I'm still obsessed with the loose and slouchy nature of this shirt and how comfortable it makes the Summer weather. I may also make a bug themed DIY crown come to think of it- I know where all my plastic bugs from childhood are but truth be told they freaked me out rather a lot when I was little. I don't like spiders so naturally seeing a huge ass scorpion as well didn't help the nature of that toy pack. With some pink pipe cleaners and sparkly glitter though I think I can swing the ballot to make them cute and cool. Or something marketable. I'm in half a mind to begin an Etsy store and stock crowns and other handmade curiosities like handmade brooches and earrings.


2 comments:

  1. I like the skirt! Such a nice green. And its your neopet headband cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your skirt so much and your little pony crown. so adorable. Your blog is fantastic too :)

    Rain
    my-longer-infinity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete