Monday, January 21, 2013

Disco

Wearing: Chip N' Dale hat from Disneyland, Perks and Mini fangs necklace, crucifix necklace a gift, shirt from Big W (old!), skirt from Forever New, Karen Walker cuff, DIY tights and Jeffrey Campbell Nightwalker blue velvet platforms.

These are the pictures of my tights I was promising at the start of the week which ended up me burning the end of my finger really badly. Hot glue guns aren't all fun and games sadly, but they did transform my stockings into a radical paradigm. I thought I had a lot more sparkles and gem stones to begin with but I'm still happy the way they turned out. For the best results, I recommend wearing knee high socks underneath the tights and glue the gems as you wear them for the best effect. Otherwise I can't guarantee that they will look like mine and not pop off the material as soon as you wear them. The socks help act as a buffer to prevent your skin getting burned from evil oozing nastiness.

This is how I interpret the disco trend using modern clothing and my own sense of style; which is really badly. But this shirt has now become my favourite thing from my awkward pre-teen phase and I've had it for seven years now and it just enhances my mood despite being pretty itchy and uncomfortable.




2 comments:

  1. your tights look awesome. I attempted this but they all just fell off and there was gross stringy hot glue gun clumps everywhere!!!!
    cool hat:)
    do you still want to email each other, fellow melbournian?
    carla:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, this would be so much better if I could show you in real life... it might depend on how much you used and the denier of your tights or whatever.

    I emailed you a few days ago, but it must not have sent or I got the wrong email or something.
    My email is "cocoa_adele26@hotmail.com"
    I'll try and send you the original email again but i deleted that comment >_<

    ReplyDelete