Sunday, January 6, 2013

Daisy

I finished making my second DIY crown/ headband thing and it turned out a lot better than I expected.It was also a lot easier just to let the process happen rather than documenting and taking pictures after each stage was done. Bowerbirds are known for collecting bits and pieces for making their nests more attractive and I am convinced I must have been one in a past life because if some poor girl lost a ribbon in her hair I would pick it up and hoard it. A lot of them are finally getting used now. The daisies were taken from a bouquet my mother used as a prop for a costume- a competition in which I dressed up as Piglet from Winnie the Pooh at the age of eight.

It feels good to finally use them for something other than a keepsake hiding in my wardrobe. Initially I was going to lie each flower flat on the band, but they look better upright and I was inspired by a clay mural thing in my primary school. The green pipe cleaners which I sort of don't like but that are still handy also made an appearance. It took maybe two days to put together but I am already looking forward to the next project on a long list I have planned this Summer. I actually showed this headband to my mum and she suggested with a laugh I wear it to my family reunion. For once I am excited to go to an event like that because I'm not scared stiff of conversation and I've grown up from the polite but quiet daughter of my parents. I'm my own person now? That's what it feels like. Why not give everyone else something to talk about while I'm at it.

PLEASE EXCUSE HORRIBLE WASHED OUT COLOUR PHOTOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment