Friday, January 25, 2013

Blue Planet

Image Source: smk. by Kirill Vasil`ev Photography on Flickr.

Image Source: Twin Peaks- Shelly Johnson

Image Source: Lady Gaga

Image Source: The Simpsons
Image Source
I feel blue because the weather is hot. Try wrapping your head around that one. To counter scorching temperatures and a blustering wind I took down all my posters and stuff to start afresh for the year and make everything sparkly and pretty. I'm rather pleased to say that it worked and I displaced my favourite photographs out of their respective albums for display in my room as well in between my fashion posters and stuff. Before I thought about high school life and my friends separately to blogging crossed with fashion but this time when decorating it feels like I brought them together and balanced them with a sense of humour. Also I scouted around the house and decorated my thin windowsill with trinkets and stuff collected from every other room and thus saved myself some money. But I still feel like heading down to the thrift store for some cheap candles and stuff because at the moment I have three and two are birthday candles of numbers. Which makes me feel like cheating somehow but still a part of the teenage girl, bedroom decoration stage of my life. All be it a little late since I have eight months or something of being a true teenager. Yikes! I was also inspired by this collection of bedrooms from movies by Caitlin (of Escapism).


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
Image Source:
Lindsey Wixson for SELF SERVICE No. 36 S/S 2012

Also today before it heated up too much I played with makeup some more. I had intended towards cat eyeliner and trying to sharpen my fine motor skills, but my lip was bleeding a bit so I wanted to cover that up instead. Which almost worked well, but then didn't go according to plan during playtime. By which I mean the tube of black face paint I have been using for lipstick burst so I had to put it into a tiny coffee jar to preserve it. Right now I am heavily eye-balling, heavier than my normal behaviour, fancy cosmetics. Particularly the wild and weird colours. Still gravitating towards lip stuff at the moment it will most likely be a sparkly gloss or bright lipstick. Who better to model the wonders of icy blue coldness than stunning Lindsey Wixson? You can tell by her cute little gaped teeth. And to think people used to bully her about being lanky and made her blue too. The tables turned baby.


Image Source:
aleygreenblo: @aleygreenblo on instagram
http://tickledpink.alphie-eve.com

http://aleygreenblo.tumblr.com


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source: The Simpsons
Like Homer but in a less creepy "taking-over-the-role-of-your-spouse" kind of way I'd like to own a blue wig since I can't reasonably get away with having wild coloured hair. Also it's an easy way to beat regrowth, I don't need to stress about my hair falling out and in some instances it may be even easier to style that what I already have to work with. Because the kinks in the morning lately have been killer and since I am so used to having straight hair I just come them out like a dummy and then they explode everywhere. So mixing things up with a sharp injection of colour might be an idea, but also saving my money for my dream car by the time I can be considered a good driver would also be welcome. Or having my own computer stuff set up by the time I leave home. Money can not buy happiness, but it can definitely ease the process of acquiring earthly possessions. Which is just another thing to make me blue and sad because I don't want to be a really materialistic person, but because I'm trying not to be I am. Damn reverse psychology and stuff.


Image Source
Image Source: The Style Rookie
Image Source

Image Source:
victoriousvocabulary: CLINOMANIA
[noun]
1. the excessive desire to stay in bed.
2. an obsession with bed rest.
I overslept a little this morning and had a really jumbled dream last night- which is not to say I didn't enjoy it I was just surprised. For one thing: while falling asleep and pondering on how a certain group of people came together from high school I found myself friends with these very people and catching a train more like a subway which is a scary thought because dark tunnels tend to bring out the worst in people. Also while worrying if I was rostered on for work at all today I dreamed an entire basketball team; a motley crew if ever there was one were pushing cars around in my street to block off my driveway. To top it all off: after my boyfriend told me a cat sighting in his street I dreamed he had a larger property more like that in the country and there was a little kitty of ours to baby and play with which I naturally found exciting. It's the cat and large house that got me really excited to practice parenting on a cat and I think I'm slowly brainwashing Hamish into giving me permission to keep a pet. That's what's most exciting of all: having my dreams become a reality.
Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source:
Lee Price
Snack
Oil on Linen
52” x 40”


I've had time off from university since late November, and I haven't completely descended into madness or become covered in bed sores from lack of will to get up. Congratulations to me! But whenever I do something like collage, make DIY crowns or clean my room everyone gives me sympathy and remarks how bored I must be. I don't get it. But unfortunately the lovely bed I made with the crochet blanket and the pillow pet at the foot of the bed seems to have been swept away and entangled in either a tropical cyclone or a washing machine spin cycle. It's totally free from bits of candy and plastic wrappers which is hygienic and not attracting rats but for a moment while hanging my greeting card garland I thought I broke something. It turned out to be a metallic pink gel pen I had forgotten about earlier. Now I am rather glad that it didn't break and leak all over my clean sheets because simply explaining that to my mother would be a trial indeed. Also I don't really feel like I can totally sloth out- the festive season is well and truly over and I have to get my fitness back up for work and actually run around a bit.
Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
In case the whole point of this collage wasn't clear, I've been really obsessed with the colour blue lately and am waiting for a new skirt from Romwe of a Robin's Egg tone to come my way. Most of the cards hanging up in my room have blue except for maybe one or two and also the photographs I have showing include a lot of sky which looks so pretty when processed on 35mm film. All my school uniforms were blue so I had always associated it with a kind of boring, dull oppression of character but after having the glorious freedom to dress as I please as a first year university student I feel like I'm in a good place with it all. Also Tumblr has been an excellent pin board of inspiration lately and I feel like packing away all the images into neat little colour coordinated folders. It's been a day filled with packing things away, throw other things away and sorting out my life in the hopes of getting some organisation and control. Sooner or later I may even be able to see what my desk looks like without a mountain of junk strewn over the top. Now that would be a really exciting development worth documenting.


Image Source: ddouches:
untitled by FRNCKJSSLD on Flickr.

Image Source: Scooby Doo

Image Source: Tush November 2012 ‘Carrietta’ by Alice Rosati with model Josefine Nielsen

Image Source: The History of Apple Pie
I tried to make my room like a cool party place, but there is a lack of balloon and the only sparkly things are last year's Christmas cards which is something I will need to fix. But with a dwindling world supply of Helium I can't afford to use this precious gas willy nilly and as I feel like. We have to try and preserve some for future generations surely! Nuclear Fission can only do so much to larger atoms in order to extract alpha particles and energy and what not. Of course: I see an image of a band playing what looks to be a sweet gig and I think of physics and whatnot. Confetti can't be used to decorate my room either because my go to cleaning tool is the handy dust buster but the next time I raid the two dollar store I'll try and get some sweet curtain stuff going on to soften the glare from my morning window, or a lace second hand thing from a thrift store if I can find it. Streamers have all been used up in parties and stuff already but there's never too much of a good thing and a giant novelty sign feels like a misuse unless I made it for a specific reason. Maybe that Rookie Melbourne meet up will be my opportunity: a giant head with flower crown to attract attention.


Image Source: Lady Gaga

Image Source
Image Source: Pokemon- Mewtwo Strikes Back

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment