Thursday, December 27, 2012

Vague

This photoset (or at least the opening image) has the aesthetic appeal more akin to the 90s film 'Clueless', but I decided against naming it that and instead will just save that title gem for later when I become a pop cult movie buff. Right after I stop watching trash on television, old cartoons and music videos... Oh yeah like that will ever happen. Anyway, enough monological bickering- it upsets the manna and sweet fairy floss sentiments I'm trying to create (very poorly) in the form of blogging. The sugary, pink overload of teenage girl rooms was balanced really badly amongst ghostly mystic images in paler more muted tones. Maybe now is a good time to mention I think my favourite colour at the moment is pink because I suppressed so many stereotypical feelings as a kid and reverted instead to the ways of a tomboy. With an older brother and an easygoing father, it wasn't a surprising choice at the age of five and also made dressing myself a lot easier. It's probably possible to do both- wearing loose fitting dungarees and slouchy t-shirts with pink and car grease together at last. 

 
Image Source
When I first saw the Jeffrey Campbell rainbow platform sandals I was pretty bewildered at first. How could all these crazy colours strewn together amount to anything other than a strange eyesore? But with the help from some very bravely dressed fashion bloggers (the best kind there is) I can appreciate strange and outrageous aesthetic combinations which seem even more unworldly when shown off on sensible and boring grey asphalt. I always have a phobia of wearing beautiful platform shoes outside since I imagine the world is out to get me and ruin my shoes. I also fall down a lot- I survived all the formals and debutante balls throughout high school by learning to clutch on to other people but in a suave and seductive manner. I don't think i can quite afford such tactics when out and about trying to go shopping.


Image Source

Image Source

Instead of sitting around blogging and dodging getting dreaded headaches I went driving around with my Dad for a bit today because before going for my license I need to log one hundred and twenty hours. At the moment I have sixty-seven... oh dear. I'm still happy that I am slowly making progress and generally exploring the area. We drove all the way out to a small town, stopped and ate fancy meat pies and wandered, exploring and looking for antique shops. The bad news is that in many local businesses at this time of year, many stores will be shut until after New Year's Eve has blown over and then return. Also the crochet blanket I spied was like seventy dollars so I may as well wait until I go away with friends and suss out the local shops by the beach or secretively look at things on Etsy. I will probably not have my license by then, but this time I know what to expect and can probably drive down there again this time. That would be nice. 

Image Source

Image Source
Some sneaky outfit posts with tripod, collages and blogging may also occur there. I wonder how many of my friends now how to crochet or knit... I already know what I want to drink when I get down there- I know, strange outrageous wild child is an alcoholic at the age of nineteen. Actually the only time I do drink is socially with friends and I want to sip nothing but root beer mixed with coconut flavoured rum. And make sickening jelly shots. We've tried a few times to mix vodka with jelly and every time there are always some strange and sickening cups that no one wants to eat at all. I'm pretty excited to hang out again with girly drinks and bad jelly, maybe head down to the video store and buy some crazy old movies and chill. My friend's house also has a creepy doll that we made even scarier by tying a butter knife to her wrist with a hair scrunchies- because we're girls and like to scare the daylights out of each other. Beach hang-outs here we come!

Image Source


Image Source
I was so ready to give myself a nice manicure- the one I've been hanging out for and just when I had finished parking the car I broke a nail.
Although I wanted to finish making DIY crowns and then do my nails I am still pissed off because I knew leaving the house was a bad idea. They were all the same length and everything and would have looked radical if I had bothered to wear rings or remembered I put them in my new jewellery chest... Oh man, this thing blows. Anyway, the hot glue gun though has been really wonky since I reloaded it and makes popping noises so maybe it is best I wait until this creative spree is over- every time I finish using it there are plastic cobwebs stuff everywhere that get on my clothes and especially in my hair. It's kind of worth it though since these wacky headbands will last longer than any coat of nail polish I could put together so that's a little consoling.

Image Source


Image Source
The holiday season tends to bring out the worst in me because everyone is at home, when I wake up I hear someone else moving around and then I just fall back asleep again for two hours and it's a very vicious cycle of being lazy and uncreative. The best thing I've managed to do is some craft DIY stuff but there's been minimal movie viewing and candle lighting. Music is generally appreciated in the car while going for long drives- stuck on the same radio station because I can't be bothered herding together my brother's collection and cobbling together a play list for Soundwave. If the trip away with friends does go ahead, I'll need to hurry that project a long because some of them enjoy listening to One Direction to generally be annoying. Sometimes I do like indulging in such bad music, but I need my emergency kit in case I can't cope and need the black screams of a hardcore band to caress and hold me in comfort.



Image Source

Image Source


Image Source
As much as I do yearn for the drastic hair change since I am in no way inspired by interior decorating and am too poor to afford a house, there would probably be a bit of a backlash with my mother and a general feeling of confusion amongst friends and work. So I have kind of wanted a wig the last week- especially something with bangs and strange colours. I can always try and make them suit my looks by dipping a bit of eye pencil into my eyebrows and blending it in for a lovely drag queen inspired colour. Primary colours like red and yellow seem to be calling to me but I want to make them a bit bigger and bolder. I'm reverting exactly to the way I was dressed in kindergarten by my mother, but I am instead using a camera and tripod to document these events in my room. I didn't see that one coming. Maybe something bombastic like a purple or bright green would be better value in terms of shock factor and extravagance.


Image Source

Image Source: Wayne's World
You know how I mentioned renting some bad movies or simple popular culture classics to watch? I might do that on New Year's Eve. I don't have anything planned and if many people are staying up late then I can probably get away with the ritual myself and join them, but instead in the isolation and splendid solitude of my bedroom. I'm thinking of a movie marathon in a sheet fort of my own bedding- but I'd need to borrow some more chairs and stuff for the perfect height. I also need some movies I haven't seen before and potentially a website that could help me find them... If not I'll probably scour high and low in second hand shops for other people's cast offs as I usually do. Does anyone have any recommendations for me or pearls of wisdom that changed their lives? I need something touching to lift me from this deep funk of energetic loss.


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source: Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment