Monday, December 17, 2012

School Girl

Wearing: American Apparel blouse, thrifted plaid skirt, Wowch cat leggings, Dr Martens boots and sweater from MyLikeZoo (etsy).

This is me badly channeling a sort of schoolgirl look because after just a year I have forgotten what it feels like to be kept in the iron clutches of school routine. I certainly never wore Dr Martens to school but with black lace ups being technically on the shoe list I could have gotten away with them for at least my senior year and decorated them with stickers but it appears that idea is now two years too late. But it's not too late for you! Rebel against t-bar strap shoes and Mary Janes that everyone else has and don't forget what our punk forefathers fought for! OK I am done. The bottom half is just about the only thing I do like about this outfit now in a weird Ghost World sort of way. It must be the plaid but I was really over the moon when I bought this skirt for eight dollars and the colour scheme seemed perfect and everything.

I never wore my hairlike this to school ever because that would mean a loss of precious sleep in the mornings when I only stumbled out of bed within thirty short minutes of catching my bus. While I do miss everything around me being so close and the faces that came to be so familiar I appreciate having more time to myself, longer holidays and no holiday homework weighing me down during the Summer break. Can you say, reading in the corner alone, craft DIY sessions and music festivals? The music festivals may or may not happen because I have the energy levels of a sloth after chamomile tea at the moment but I won't rule anything out just yet.


3 comments:

  1. OMG thats the jumper Grimes wore... Its so cool! I love this outfit btw (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect outfit. i love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be the coolest sweater I've seen all day...and I went to 4 thrift stores today....

    ReplyDelete