Saturday, December 22, 2012

Junk Food

Image Source
I'm not so flash hot at all this propaganda towards shoes and food, so go easy on me if I have crossed some lines; I just have enough material to pool together I thought I would smash together all the funny and ironic images of the Prom King and Queen, the Muppets and general mouthwatering goodness for a chuckle to look back on. Also, it is midnight and I am craving the food of the devil like you would not believe. I think this is the first time it's been better I didn't have my license and didn't madly drive off in the car searching for golden arches and purchasing melted cheese on meat patties... Get a grip! It's not like I badly need to eat this kind of food anyway so close to the festive season because my Dad always cooks a mammoth proportion barbecue which practically feeds everyone well off into the New Year. So with that perspective I better write this post while I can still bear to look at food and not feel weighed down by a massive gut.



Image Source
Is it a surprise that when I first tried pizza I didn't like it and usually cooked myself two minute noodles with vegetables when we had pizza night at our house? Then I discovered barbecue chicken flavour and plain margarita which made the transition all the easier. I still can't really compete with my older brother's appetite when it comes to this Italian favourite, but then again no one can in my family. We don't have pizza very often these days since my father has type two diabetes and I'm usually the moral backbone insisting there is a healthier alternative, but I do miss the glistening sheen of melted cheese. So until someone like Black Milk invent some decent junk food themed leggings using real photographs instead of little Kawaii cartoons I'll probably waste away here looking at this photograph and feeling sorry for myself.


Image Source

Image Source
Back in the good old days when we had just moved in to our current home, the food court McDonald's was decorated in little ornate figurines like the ones above sitting in curly vines and it was awesome. I can't remember when they took it down, but knowing it's not there anymore sort of breaks my heart. They however did not have suave bow ties or a top hat to work with but the cartoon eyes seem to be pretty accurate in personifying fast food. If I'm not careful I may just go berserk in the next craft store and buy them out of white and brown felt, plus yellow pipe cleaners and googly eyes to make another DIY crown. Why you ask? Well, I just love working with themes and this is a fun one if going to drunk parties or whatever- when I do have the invitation extended to me (rarely).



Image Source

Image Source
Even when I don't really feel hungry if I stare at a collection of images as juicy and delectable as this I eventually just lose my mind and begin trying to eat them through the computer screen anyway. So at the moment imagine this fat licking it's lips, but instead it's a girl with damn messy hair that needs to be washed and a bit more dripping drool about the place. And a purple shirt. Now you're there. Amongst this sea of fast food and french fries this is the intermission image to give us all a break from the glory of oil fried, golden potatoes and sesame seed buns. I'm guessing the inventors of the Internet at University of California didn't see that one coming- but there's probably a lot of things they didn't see coming.


I'm surprised I haven't had an argument about the status of cheeseburgers over hot dogs with my boyfriend yet, but he seems to love them while I need to be in a certain mood to enjoy them. I'm sure he held the record at his high school for most eaten within a year and completely outweighs what I've eaten in a lifetime, but that's just the kind of guy he is. He also drinks a whole lot of cola but has an annoyingly fast metabolism so you can't tell by looking at him. In the grand scheme of things, hot dogs can only be dressed up with ketchup and mustard and lack the cheese, lettuce and pickle combinations that burgers are open to. Also for a lady, there's a little less awkwardness when eating a burger if you're not on the move and actually sitting down properly with manners and etiquette.



This is probably covered in real gold because the detail on the meat/ lettuce is just that amazing in a sheeny metallic way, but that doesn't curb my obsession for wanting it. Yes, I am just a poor student that works part time and therefore cannot afford a fast food sculpture slathered in twenty-four carat gold... but still. It's so pretty and luxurious I'm gonna die! Just before my brother was hovering over my shoulder suggesting the satirical nature of this image but I see more of a bourgeois American/ Western decadence here and you know what? I love it. Remembering there are people that can't afford to feed themselves and don't have access to clean drinking water tends to bring me crashing back down to reality of how much mankind stinks at the moment though.





1 comment:

  1. uuuuuggh this looks so good.
    m u s t e a t a l l o f i t

    ReplyDelete