Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012


There has been a lot of bloggers compiling together montage collages of their outfits from the year that was and also some reflection. I personally don't really celebrate New Year's Eve since I'm a shitty pessimist- also I have never been kissed on this 'special day' despite having a boyfriend for two and a half years now. Instead of getting worked up about my loneliness, I used my time wisely making a feminist empowerment DIY Crown, felt outraged over the rape attacks in India and watched Flight of the Conchords. The knitting instructional DVD has been of very little help.

So it's time for an obligatory happy new year post. I also finished recreating one side of my bedroom wall and making little tacked displays for my recent DIYs. The teenage girl shrine is slowly getting there, but I can't do much without reprinting or nailing things in which I'm forbidden to do by my mother. Stupendous. In case you missed it I made a witch hat for my Furby, a clutch out of an envelope I received in the mail and within the last month three crowns in the vain of Rookie Mag. I call that a pretty productive holiday. There's another two months to go, so hopefully I don't become totally bed-ridden from laziness.




Looking at all my statistics and stuff I have more than fifty outfit posts for this year and more than one post for each day of the year. That's a whole lot of blogging going on there. I should probably try and do something more productive with my time. JUST KIDDING.

Highlights of 2012:
  • Completing my first year of university
  • Earning some High Distinctions in my first year
  • Making friends from my first day of university and KEEPING THEM
  • More blogging (but in a boring, jilted routine?)
  • Thrift shopping a little more
  • Working as many as five shifts a week and continuing to go to work with tonsillitis
  • Reaching a new personal best in Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker on Gamecube (nerd alert)
  • Not driving my boyfriend away 

Lowlights of 2012:
  • Getting tonsillitis about four times throughout the year- new personal best. Which sucked.
  •  Messy room
  • Feeling totally drained during the middle of semester
  • Little blogging down and management of my time

Expectations for 2013:
  • Working more shifts: trying to move up a rank or leaving my job for something better
  •  Learning to knit and getting closer with my boyfriend's family
  • Being a stronger female
  • Reading more to get a better perspective on life and events
  • Blogging more on fashion collections and topical junk. Continue outfit posts with zany ideas
  • Keep up with the rotating wardrobe theme of selling stuff to buy new clothes
  • Buy more stuff from Etsy
  • Be a better girlfriend
  • GET AN IPHONE THE NOKIA BRICK IS NOT WORKING!!!
Make one of these babies for myself!

1 comment: