Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bartman

 Wearing: Miss Shop dress, Stolen Girlfriends Club X Jeffrey Campbell boots, Kamibashi string doll mermaid necklace, MyLikeZoo (etsy) Bart sweater.

I love being born in the 90s and appreciating The Simpsons as well as that spiky haired hell-raiser Bart. This sweater is a knock-off of Jeremy Scott's Fall-Winter 2012 collection and is my present to myself for completing semester two's exams and stuff but all up it cost my fifty dollars which is a lot better than two hundred and fifty from eBay for a second hand jumper or four hundred dollars for the real thing brand new. So this is what it feels like to feed the Chinese factory sellers on which knock-offs thrive upon and choose a cheaper alternative. it feels like I beat the system there and that's pretty damn good. Also, Grimes aka Claire Boucher has like the same one and I just got back my results for this semester's units and I got two high distinctions and two distinctions! This sweater is well and truly earned now.

I also wanted to wear this sweater with a giant red, plaid bow but it refused to cooperate and flopped pathetically all over the place so in the end I scrapped that too and just was happy to wear a cute brooch and necklace combination. Speaking of plaid, this jumper would also go well with my purple plaid skirt and just about everything else in my wardrobe- I must be in love or something. This sweater is going to be my new best friend next year and I can tell I'll wear it to death to university but for now the weather sucks and I need to lay off it until this blasted heat drops off. The first day of Summer, I should be eating ice cream or going to a festival or something but instead I'm going off to work, organising DIY tutorials (I promise, they're coming soon guys...) and blogging indoors. I understand this young adulthood/ freedom concept so poorly it's not even funny anymore...


It's sort of normal to struggle wardrobe coordination with the colour yellow when your a brunette like me, but I can't resist black either and it gave me a lame excuse to play with just one pair of my Jeffrey Campbell shoes. Something about the heel and platform makes me feel powerful, but also dizzy when I'm a bit sick and I was a bit more pale then usual so the rest of today will be spent lying down in bed with a good book until I have to go to work. I hate getting sick on the day I'm supposed to work and then having to go anyway because there's not enough time to graciously cancel. The good news is that if I survive I'll have more money to buy craft bits, start collecting weird curiosities and grow my wardrobe.Realistically though I will be spending all that hard-earned cash on buying petrol to practice driving more so I can get my license and then drive myself to work. In the grand scheme of things, my plan seems terribly flawed.

3 comments:

  1. Love your sweater and love how it looks with your skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey where did you find the knockoff? i'm looking everywhere and i totally can't find a good knockoff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I actually have a hyperlink up which I hoped would work but search for "Simpsons sweater" on etsy. This is the best link at the moment:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/115888783/simpson-pattern-woolen-sweater?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=simpson+sweater&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_search_type=all

    Good luck girlfriend <3

    ReplyDelete