Friday, December 21, 2012

Alive

Image Source
So... the world didn't end which is a bit lovely because my boyfriend is making apple pie for my family to share this Christmas and he's coming over today with my "secret present" which he has made all too clear to me cannot be a living creature. So I may not get to enjoy the fluffy pleasures of my first cat or the twitching nose of an inquisitive rabbit but I am hoping for an IOU for the future promising me such things. Just when i thought I had talked myself out of wanting a cat, these babies show up on my blogging dashboard and I am reduced to a pile of goo on the floor saying "aw, but they're so cute!" with more mushy syllables and a high-pitched tones. Is it any wonder that I have pages of stuff related to cats on my Etsy watched list? Well I have to harness all this strange feline loving in some form or shape so that's probably the safest bet for the moment...


Image Source


Image Source
With speculation of fear and pandemonium on the horizon, I only confirmed what I knew about myself already: I will probably blog until my dying breath and seem totally disinterested in the world around me as much as Comic Book Guy. I still don't think it's a waste of my life- still because I've been other there a few times since my holiday break started and at times I missed home terribly and wanted to hide. I'm just not good in a social crunch it seems without the daily interaction of my peers face to face. This is also stemmed from why I prefer movie and television that are either cartoons or just down right absurd because they're caricatures of people and not real representations of real life. If you're trying to imitate what's real and you fail, well, everyone picks up on it straight away don't they? But if you create something with a vision all your own then there's no comparison or standard so to speak and that sets you free.


Image Source: Saved By The Bell

Image Source

Image Source
Life may be a little difficult and unbearable sometimes but at least we're all still here to enjoy it. I don't really plan to change my behaviour because of it and I will probably just continue to tidy my room sections at a time and blog as much as I can because when the semester starts again... well- school work will once again become my life and obsession so this is a nice reprieve. My mother has other hopes for me after watching shows like My Kitchen Rules and Masterchef that I go to culinary school and come back making things at her whimsy- yeah right. I can see myself only bothering to make those rainbow coloured cakes because they are awesome, glittery brownies or a battered and misshapen cake slathered in icing to hide all the imperfections. No doubt there may be a sassy message on the top as well with my passive aggressive nature on the loose in the kitchen.



Image Source
With my new found fascination of actually cleaning my room and making space, maybe now I'll take a little more pride and make my room into a shrine... yeah right. Although I would love to leave home with a sugary sweet aesthetic akin to other teen bloggers I am more likely to succeed if I start from scratch when I move out and try to maintain a certain level of style and grace. I think it's time I downloaded some movies to watch: Virgin Suicides and the Breakfast Club for a start and Moonrise Kingdom is finally coming out on DVD after Christmas so I'll be grabbing that baby too. Of course the Internet is also a wealth of knowledge and while I have at times been captivated by empty perfume bottles I never thought to fill them with glitter. It seems like a great idea and I can't wait to trey it out for myself.


Image Source

Image Source

As cringingly painful it is to watch, Napoleon Dynamite is another fine production from MTV; aside from the animated series Daria which of course I swear to because of the characters and the landscape and Tina the llama. I don't think I've watched this since maybe year seven or eight in Drama? The teachers laughed at me because at the start of the year I was obsessed with ligers and thought they were the coolest and then of course our curly haired hero mentions them... and yeah. I am secretly Napoleon but without the brother Internet dating and more compact without lanky limbs. Everything else is pretty accurate though including sleeve complimenting and asking out the opposite sex in the most clumsy, convoluted ways possible. The real questions is though, how did they know!?

Image Source: Skins

Image Source
No longer being preoccupied with cleaning my room into a makeshift doomsday shelter, I can look back over the year that was and possibly the modelling world's new favourite muse: Cara Delevingne. There will most likely be a post dedicated to her since she crops up on my dashboard so much but I decided to sprinkle this image into a collagey/ inspiration post anyway because I love the colour. Well aware of the Photo Shop affect in her hair making me really jealous of girls with soft blond hair that lends itself so well to dyeing but I do love my natural, long black hair. That lipstick though: yowza.  It reminds me of my broken promises to myself on buying cool coloured hair extensions even more- which is difficult because I still haven't figured out what to get my boyfriend or my brother for Christmas. I couldn't cut it any closer it I tried!


Image Source

Image Source
I wish they had offered Japanese at my school, of all the languages I admire this the most for the traditional Kanji and just the all over presentation of the script. It looks complicated as all hell and I certainly don't envy anyone studying a language at university because it sounds even more brutal than I could have imagined but this collection of letters does emphasise the old ways sometimes being better. Perhaps the language just isn't compatible with keyboards or there is an intrinsic romantic nature of the culture itself that I long for. I want to go to Japan so badly, but my mother and I are still gridlocked since she wants to go to Hong Kong. If she gets her way, I at least want to stop over at Disneyland there and buy pretty much all their merchandise.


Image Source: Dragon Ball... something-or-rather

Image Source

Image Source
No one does magical creatures better than Disney- nobody. Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking but I still prefer the original animations of tales like 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'The Little Mermaid' in flat, but artistic two dimensions. I'm probably a little too in love with bubbly rounded hair and the notion of a pink centaur at the moment but I wish I was exposed to more of this kind of stuff as a kid since I loved drawing. I think my grandma once gave me a garbage bag full of pink paper to draw on one time we visited and that lasted me a good year and a half. If I could find any leftovers I'd be madly keen to try making some scrap booking stuff. I have plenty of tissue paper in fancy colours and even some empty notebooks which could do with new covers but again I feel crippled by my imaginations expectations and knowing what I can and can't do. Maybe I'll just start a magical Disney tribute Tumblr blog instead and having a little more luck with that for starters...


Image Source: Clueless

A stunning and space-age Natalie Portman often reminds me why wearing wigs are cool and opens the possibilities of new persona to take on when getting dressed and as expressions of style. I'm beginning to notice a trend of certain laziness for when I do take outfit post photographs: makeup has to be minimal so there will sadly not be any glitter or pink eyeshadow and everything I throw on has to be taken off easily at some point so as not to arouse any suspicion. I swear, being a secret hipster and keeping my friends and family in the dark to my obsession with clothing and style is getting harder by the minute. Things could only possibly get worse if they found my URL or something or had been tracking it for months # everyteen'snightmare.

Image Source


No comments:

Post a Comment