Friday, January 6, 2012

Wallets by Serpent & the Swan

Serpent & the Swan are just one of many brands you can find on the online store The Grand Social, and unlike a lot of other online stores I have mentioned in passing this one is actually Australian! I broke tradition last year in avoiding the Boxing Day sales in inner-city Melbourne and not hitting the big name department stores but instead focused my attention on the sale section of online stores such as these two leather wallets featuring a horse motif. They were originally roughly $150 AUD but are now both less than $80 and while I already have a very good and sturdy leather wallet which I paid $100 for, I don't have a black wallet and the horse head zipper attachment on the first wallet is rather cute.

The second wallet features two horse heads in a sort of baroque and cameo style facing in opposite directions as well as a loosely tasseled wrist strap. This would be such a chic wallet to bring while hunting around local and friendly markets. I myself am very anxious for the return of the bi-annual Finders Keepers Markets that feature some of my favourite new names in jewellery and crafts. Both of these lovely wallets come in black leather with a soft buttery touch to it as well as small braided detail on the sides for the zip. Although there is technically less detail in the first wallet I wish I could have both the detail on the leather and horse head attachment for my wallet doubling my horsey pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your thoughts, obviously you know what are you talking about! Your site is so easy to use too, I’ve bookmark it in my folder
    leather trifold wallets

    ReplyDelete